Embryo donation in Prague
IVF involves joining a woman’s egg and man’s sperm outside the woman’s body. For couples who fail to conceive using their own germ cells, donated eggs and sperm from suitable anonymous donors will be used for IVF.Book a consultation
Course of treatment
Egg and sperm donation are legal in the Czech Republic and subject to strict control by state authorities. Egg donors are healthy women aged from 18-35, sperm donors are healthy men aged from 18-40. All donors undergo thorough medical examinations to assess their physical and mental health. Genetic testing (screening) is an integral part of these examinations, which reduces the probability of certain genetic abnormalities in both egg and sperm donors, together with tests for sexually transmitted diseases (HIV, hepatitis B and C, syphilis, chlamydia in donors).
Suitable egg and sperm donors are selected by our doctors on the basis of a jointly completed questionnaire. You will receive non-identifying information about the egg and/or sperm donor that preserves their anonymity (age, appearance, blood group, interests, etc.). Donation is anonymous, and, by law, a child born this way has no right to learn the identity of the sperm or egg donor even after reaching the age of 18.
Egg and sperm donors are compensated for accrued expenses associated with egg or sperm donation.
- This utilises your natural menstrual cycle and ovulation.
- An ultrasound scan is performed on the 10-11th day of your menstrual cycle. If the uterine lining (endometrium) is thick enough and there is a large enough follicle on one of the ovaries, an injection is administered, which causes the follicle to rupture.
- Embryo transfer follows 4-7 days later (depending on the stage of development at which the embryos were frozen).
- This form of preparation is used for women with a regular menstrual cycle.
- Preparation takes place using hormone therapy. This form of preparation is used for women whose menstrual cycle is not regular or if embryo transfer requires more precise timing.
- Hormone replacement therapy, usually in the form of pills (e.g. Estrofem 2mg 2x a day) or patches (e.g. Estrahexal) is taken from the 1st day of menstrual bleeding.
- An ultrasound scan will be performed to measure the thickness of the uterine lining (endometrium) on the 12-14th day of your menstrual cycle.
- Embryo transfer will follow in 3-5 days (again depending on the stage of development at which the embryos were frozen).
- If the endometrium is not thick enough, you will continue taking medication and the ultrasound scan will be repeated.
- The transfer of the embryo or embryos into the uterus is performed without anaesthesia using a thin flexible catheter (tube), the end of which is guided by ultrasound for precise placement.
- The transfer is completely painless.
- The embryos are injected into the uterine cavity with a small amount of liquid (culture medium).
- You will then rest in bed for about 10-15 minutes and will be subsequently discharged from the clinic.
- Rest is recommended for 1-2 weeks after embryo transfer (no strenuous physical activity, sexual intercourse, or hot baths).
- You can go back to your normal routine after 1-2 weeks, but we still recommend avoiding strenuous physical activity.
- Take your medication regularly as indicated in the discharge report.
- Have a pregnancy blood test 14 days after embryo transfer and let us know the result.
- If the pregnancy test is positive, continue to take the prescribed medication until the 12th week of pregnancy and make an appointment for an ultrasound (in approximately 10-14 days) with your doctor.
- After the 12th week of pregnancy, gradually taper and discontinue the medication as recommended by your doctor.
- Standard prenatal screening also takes place, together with a check-up at your gynaecologist´s.
- If the pregnancy test is negative, stop all medication and contact us. We will discuss the next steps with you and plan for the transfer of your frozen embryos.
Take the first step towards treating infertility
We’ll get back to you by the next business day
Each member of our team has many years of experience in the treatment of infertility at major centres of assisted reproduction in the Czech Republic and abroad. Experienced professionals increase our clients' chances of a successful pregnancy.
MUDr. Natalia Saveleva, CSc.Chief doctor
MUDr. Milada BrandejskáIVF Gynaecologist
MUDr. Petr Hubka, Ph.D.IVF Gynaecologist
MUDr. Jan RapsaIVF Gynaecologist
MUDr. Marina TomilovaIVF Gynaecologist
MUDr. Vladislav KlimešIVF Gynaecologist
MUDr. Monika PerďochováIVF Gynaecologist
Mgr. Marija AleksičIVF Coordinator
Alexandra LuchianIVF Coordinator
Lenka KrčálováClinic manager
Ing. Denisa LehnerováEmbryologist
Ing. Stanislava PertoldováHead of IVF laboratory
Mgr. Lenka ŘíhováEmbryologist
Ing. Petra PtáčkováEmbryologist
Ing. Nikola PuldováEmbryologist
Ing. Lenka VokálkováEmbryologist
Mgr. Oldřiška JandováEmbryologist
Mgr. Milada GregorovičováHead Nurse
Petra FuchsováIVF Nurse
Dana ŠubrtováNurse anaesthetist
Nikola JanečkováIVF Nurse
Eva VicherováIVF Nurse
Michaela NovotnáIVF Nurse
MUDr. Michaela BartošováIVFgynaecologist
The clinic uses laboratory methods that increase the chances of successful pregnancy
We will suggest suitable methods following an initial consultation with a doctor. In the meantime, you can compare their effectiveness.
ICSI is the injection of sperm directly into an egg. This significantly increases the chance of fertilisation.More information
We can increase the chances of pregnancy by selecting only the best quality embryos for transfer. We can identify these through continuous monitoring in EmbryoScope.More information
In the absence of live sperm in the ejaculate, there is the possibility of obtaining sperm surgically from the epididymis (PESA or MESA) or testis (TESE).More information
This method is used to disrupt the protective envelope (outer shell) of the embryo in order to make it easier to implant (nest) in the uterus.More information
Testing the genetic makeup of embryos before transfer to the uterus reduces the risk of birth defects.More information Všechny podpůrné laboratorní metody
21. 2. 2023 - We highly recommend the clinic! Beautiful, kind, professional people who told us step by step everything we were going to do, from treatments to risks. I did an embryo transfer on February 6th, and on the 15th I ran out of patience and took...
9. 1. 2023 - Hello everyone, I and my husband we had an amazing experience in Europeivf. All the instructions were very helpful and clear and a big thank you to Alexandra she assisted us very quickly and the entire journey till now she made it very easy...
4. 12. 2022 - My husband and I have greatly appreciated the kindness, compassion, and competence we have encountered from the Europe IVF staff, especially Alexandra Lucian. Alex is the reason we came to Europe IVF from another clinic. She has always...
Frequently asked questions
What is the age limit for IVF?
Why should I choose your clinic?
What is the usual age of donors?
Free initial consultation
We’ll get back to you by the next business day
The form was submitted successfully. Our coordinator will contact you.